Hong-kong FAQ

What is the Profits Tax Return?

The Profits Tax Return is a form issued by the Inland Revenue Department (IRD). The first one is issued 18 months after incorporation. If the company has profit in the first year, the form is issued on October yearly. If the company suffers a lost, then the form is issued after three to four years. If the company has profits but does not receive the form, it must inform IRD to issue the form. If the company conducts business, it must submit the Profit Tax Return form along with a financial statement audited by a Hong Kong Certified Public Accountant.